Confirming pg_repack being successful

From: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Confirming pg_repack being successful
Date: 2024-05-09 23:14:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

Is there something definitive one can do to confirm the success of
pg_repack? It's my first real usage of it, and I did -E DEBUG, and the
final output lines look like so:

NOTICE: Waiting for 1 transactions to finish. First PID: 13560
NOTICE: Waiting for 1 transactions to finish. First PID: 13560
DEBUG: ---- swap ----
DEBUG: query failed: ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout
DETAIL: query was: LOCK TABLE stats.pitches IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE
DEBUG: query failed: ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout
DETAIL: query was: LOCK TABLE stats.pitches IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE
DEBUG: query failed: ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout
DETAIL: query was: LOCK TABLE stats.pitches IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE
DEBUG: query failed: ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout
DETAIL: query was: LOCK TABLE stats.pitches IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE
DEBUG: query failed: ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout
DETAIL: query was: LOCK TABLE stats.pitches IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE
DEBUG: query failed: ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout
DETAIL: query was: LOCK TABLE stats.pitches IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE
DEBUG: ---- drop ----
DEBUG: ---- analyze ----
DEBUG: Disconnecting worker 0.
DEBUG: Disconnecting worker 1.
DEBUG: Disconnecting worker 2.
DEBUG: Disconnecting worker 3.
DEBUG: Disconnecting worker 4.
DEBUG: Disconnecting worker 5.
DEBUG: Disconnecting worker 6.
DEBUG: Disconnecting worker 7.

I... think it worked, the n_dead_tup number is lower, which is what I was
expecting. I just wondered if there might be something definitive here.

Thanks.

--
Wells Oliver
wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>