Re: Dump & restore in directory format and permissions are largely lost?

From: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dump & restore in directory format and permissions are largely lost?
Date: 2021-06-16 01:09:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Yes. The target and source servers have the same users and roles, which is
why their permissions being absent from the same objects on the target
where they exist in the source is very confusing to me.

I also do a pg_restore -l -Fd on the dump file, and I don't see any GRANT
or REVOKE statements: should I expect that?

--
Wells Oliver
wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>