WAL log management w/ multiple slaves

From: Wells Oliver <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WAL log management w/ multiple slaves
Date: 2014-12-02 18:30:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all. I currently have one master and one slave, and the slave cleans up
the unneeded WAL files via pg_archivecleanup.

I'm adding a third slave and I was wondering what the best practices are in
terms of managing these WAL files when there's more than one dependent
server, in a situation where you can't have a slave removing the files.

I thought I could just cron up a removal of logs older than X days, which
seems pretty easy, but not sure.

Thanks!

--
Wells Oliver