Re: Reordering the fields in a table

From: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rui DeSousa <rui(at)crazybean(dot)net>
Cc: "Campbell, Lance" <lance(at)illinois(dot)edu>, "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reordering the fields in a table
Date: 2021-04-16 22:28:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

If it helps the cause, I would love this too, in addition to having the
ability to ALTER TABLE ... ADD COLUMN with the ability to specify where in
the column order. This ends up being a bigger frustration for a lot of
people than it should be, and maybe it's a touch of OCD, but most RDBMS
packages allow this, and it would be awesome if we could have it in
Postgres. Would just love to keep my created_at and modified_at columns at
the end of tables without dropping and re-adding them.

Love you guys!

--
Wells Oliver
wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>