UPDATE works on a view?

From: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: UPDATE works on a view?
Date: 2020-08-05 18:30:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

Err, sorry if this is back to basics, but I was very confused by someone
being able to *UPDATE myview SET col = 1* and the underlying table actually
being updated properly.

Is this recent? When did we become able to UPDATE on views?

--
Wells Oliver
wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>