Re: Regarding removal for wcDocker and replace it with rc-dock #6479

From: Nikhil Mohite <nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regarding removal for wcDocker and replace it with rc-dock #6479
Date: 2023-08-11 05:35:50
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Aditya,

On Fri, Aug 11, 2023 at 12:56 AM Aditya Toshniwal <
aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Hackers,
>
> I am working on removing the jQuery based wcDocker with ReactJS based
> rc-dock.
> The new lib allows us to reset layout without reloading pgAdmin. The one
> thing it doesn't provide is adding a panel using tab bar context menu. I
> was able to add a custom context menu but only on the tabs and not on the
> complete tab bar.
> So my question is, do we need something to add a panel back or reset
> layout should be enough as we'll not reload pgAdmin?
> If yes, please suggest on how we can do it without using the context menu.
> One way is to have a menu with check menu items for each default panel.
> Attached is a screen recording to show the current behavior.
>
> If we add a button in browser explorer(We can change the location of a
button) and click on it will show a drop-down menu with a list of all
closed tabs, and selecting it will open the selected tab on the right side.
Something like this, click on the (+) plus button on Object Explorer and
select the tab name from drop-down options. (I know there are Query Tool,
Search, and PSQL Tool buttons already there we can change the location of
the button)
[image: image.png]

> --
> Thanks,
> Aditya Toshniwal
> pgAdmin Hacker | Sr. Software Architect | *enterprisedb.com*
> <https://www.enterprisedb.com/>
> "Don't Complain about Heat, Plant a TREE"

Thanks,
Nikhil Mohite