Re: Support schema level restrictions and edit connection properties when already connected.

From: Nikhil Mohite <nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Support schema level restrictions and edit connection properties when already connected.
Date: 2020-06-30 11:36:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Akshay/Team,

PFA of the updated patch for schema restrictions and update connection.
Sorry for the inconvenience,
the older patch I have not created from the root folder so it is falling on
apply patch.

Regards,
Nikhil Mohite.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 7:02 PM Nikhil Mohite <
nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Akshay,
>
> I have resolved the review comments.
>
> for the database dialog width is 700px which is too wide, it should be
> 600px: I checked with Aditya,
> we have fix width for any dialog for consistency in design so we can
> either set it's the width to 500px to 700px.
>
> PFA of an updated patch.
>
> Regards,
> Nikhil Mohite.
>
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 2:08 PM Akshay Joshi <
> akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nikhil
>>
>> Please fix below issues and resend the patch, I'll review once the
>> following will be fixed:
>>
>> - Fix PEP8.
>> - Fix linter errors.
>> - Your patch introduces some new sonarqube issues.
>> - The database dialog width is 700px which is too wide, it should be
>> 600px
>> - Add documentation about schema restriction and update the database
>> dialog screenshot wherever applicable.
>> - When we change the connection configuration for the server when it
>> is already disconnected, a warning message should not come.
>> - On refresh of the Schemas node, it is not expanded, the user will
>> have to expand again. Provide some schema restriction and then change the
>> schema name or remove the restriction to reproduce this issue.
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 12:59 PM Nikhil Mohite <
>> nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Team,
>>>
>>> PFA patch for 5583 <https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/5583> support
>>> schema level restrictions and edit connection properties when already
>>> connected.
>>>
>>> Details as follows:
>>> 1. Schema restrictions :
>>>
>>> 1. Added a new tab "Advanced" in the database properties, with the
>>> "Schema restrictions" option it is similar to the "DB restrictions" in
>>> server properties.
>>>
>>> 2. Added new table "databases" in the SQLite database, to store schema
>>> restrictions per database.
>>>
>>> 2. Edit connection properties when already connected:
>>>
>>> 1. Now allowing a user to edit server connection properties when the
>>> server is already connected, here the user will get a warning for
>>> disconnect and reconnect the server to apply the changes in configuration.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Nikhil Mohite.
>>>

>> --
>> *Thanks & Regards*
>> *Akshay Joshi*
>>
>> *Sr. Software Architect*
>> *EnterpriseDB Software India Private Limited*
>> *Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*

Attachment Content-Type Size
schema_restriction_and_server_connection_changes.patch application/octet-stream 160.5 KB