RM-4320: Rename tab

From: Nikhil Mohite <nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RM-4320: Rename tab
Date: 2020-10-15 09:29:21
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Team,

Regarding the RM-4230 <https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/4230> rename
tab: implementation approach.

1. We can add the "Rename Panel" option on the panel right-click where we
show other options like "Remove Panel".
[image: Edit_tab_title.png]
2. Clicking on the "Rename panel" option, a dialog box will open to take
user input for panel title and the entered value will get set as panel
title.
[image: rename_tab_input.png]

Questions:
1. Do we need any different icons for the rename panel option? (just resued
edit icon for demo).
2. Should we update the tooltip of that renamed panel with user-entered
value?
3. Should we allow the user to add placeholders for the panel title from
the Rename panel dialog? (We have added placeholders for Query tool and
View/Edit Data in preferences to customization in the tab title.)

Any suggestions or anything I have missed in this please let me know.

--
*Thanks & Regards,*
*Nikhil Mohite*