Re: [pgAdmin] RM6117 Unable to update column level privileges from security tab.

From: Nikhil Mohite <nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Rahul Shirsat <rahul(dot)shirsat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin] RM6117 Unable to update column level privileges from security tab.
Date: 2021-02-10 07:27:05
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Rahul,

While reviewing the patch, found one observation with update privileges.
1. While creating a table add any privileges for any user and save. (e.g:
Add Insert to user1)
2. Open table properties and update privileges for the same user by editing
the privilege (e.g: Now Add Update to user1), check "Save" button is
enabled.(Don't save the new privileges )
3. Now if we retore the privilege to older values "Save" button remains
enabled. (e.g: Deselect "Update" from privilege.)
4. SQL is also getting generated after restoring the privilege to older
values.
[image: image.png]

Regards,
Nikhil Mohite.