Re: Slow query in JDBC

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Subramaniam C <subramaniam31784(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow query in JDBC
Date: 2017-09-28 08:48:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Subramaniam C
<subramaniam31784(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> When I try to execute the query from sql command line then that query is
> taking only around 1 sec. But when I execute the query using JDBC(Java)
> using preparedStatement then the same query is taking around 10 secs.
>
> Can you please let us know the reason and how to fix this issue?

I think jdbc always uses cursor, which can be problematic with default
configuration, because postgres will try to generate plans that
returns fast the first rows but not all the rows . Can you try to
configure cursor_tuple_fraction to 1 and see if that fixes your issue?