Re: unable to kill locked user session!

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: dbatoCloud Solution <dbatocloud17(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: unable to kill locked user session!
Date: 2021-02-25 12:22:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 5:36 PM dbatoCloud Solution
<dbatocloud17(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Someone help on the killing the user session. I tried to use it but still unable to kill it and no blocking session.
>
> pg_terminate_backend(pid)
> pg_cancel_backend(pid)
>
> Is there any other way to kill session?

If you're still using Aurora, you'll need to check its documentation
or ask its support as the behavior of those functions may be different
than community postgres.

Otherwise, you'll need to provide more information. Can you show the
related rows in pg_stat_activity, the result when you tried to use
those functions and related postgres logs if any.