Re: pgAdmin4: Test-suite OS compatability issue

From: Navnath Gadakh <navnath(dot)gadakh(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Kanchan Mohitey <kanchan(dot)mohitey(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Ikram Khan <ikram(dot)khan(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Hamid Quddus <hamid(dot)quddus(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin4: Test-suite OS compatability issue
Date: 2017-05-04 11:53:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Please find the revised patch. I have added some print statements
for debug purpose, so that I can get which line causing this issue. Most
probably issue should be in the cleanup process.

Please apply the patch and run the regression. Send me your console output
and *regression.log* file

Thanks!

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> I still see the issue. See the attached screenshot. Killing process 32287
> caused the test suite to exit.[image: Inline image 1]
>
> On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Navnath Gadakh <
> navnath(dot)gadakh(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> It's getting strange now. I just updated my Mac OS from EI Capitan(10.11.6)
>> to Sierra(10.12.4). I have applied the patch and it ran successfully
>> without any hangup.
>>
>> This is my console output:
>>
>> *======================================================================*
>>
>> *Test Result Summary*
>>
>> *======================================================================*
>>
>> *REGRESSION TEST 1 PostgreSQL 9.6:*
>>
>> *140 tests passed*
>>
>> *0 test failed*
>>
>> *16 tests skipped:*
>>
>> *PackageAddTestCase (Fetch Package Node URL)*
>>
>> *PackageDeleteTestCase (Fetch Package Node URL)*
>>
>> *PackageGetTestCase (Fetch Package Node URL)*
>>
>> *PackagePutTestCase (Fetch Package Node URL)*
>>
>> *SynonymAddTestCase (Default Node URL)*
>>
>> *SynonymDeleteTestCase (Fetch synonym Node URL)*
>>
>> *SynonymGetTestCase (Fetch synonym Node URL)*
>>
>> *SynonymPutTestCase (Fetch synonym Node URL)*
>>
>> *ResourceGroupsAddTestCase (Add resource groups)*
>>
>> *ResourceGroupsDeleteTestCase (Delete resource groups)*
>>
>> *ResourceGroupsPutTestCase (Put resource groups)*
>>
>> *ResourceGroupsGetTestCase (Get resource groups)*
>>
>> *TableSpaceAddTestCase (Check Tablespace Node)*
>>
>> *TableSpaceDeleteTestCase (Check Tablespace Node)*
>>
>> *TablespaceGetTestCase (Check Tablespace Node)*
>>
>> *TableSpaceUpdateTestCase (Check Tablespace Node)*
>>
>> *======================================================================*
>>
>> *Please check output in file:
>> /Users/edb/Navnath/pgadmin4/web/regression/regression.log*
>>
>> *(pgenv36) Laptop227-pn-in:regression Navnath$ *
>>

>> On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 1:39 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>>
>>> 10.12.3 (Sierra), 16GB MBP. Running in a virtualenv built from the
>>> system Python installation. Packages are:
>>>
>>> (pgadmin4)piranha:~ dpage$ pip freeze
>>> alabaster==0.7.10
>>> alembic==0.9.1
>>> args==0.1.0
>>> Babel==1.3
>>> beautifulsoup4==4.4.1
>>> blinker==1.3
>>> chromedriver-installer==0.0.6
>>> click==6.6
>>> clint==0.5.1
>>> dateutils==0.6.6
>>> docutils==0.13.1
>>> extras==1.0.0
>>> fixtures==3.0.0
>>> Flask==0.11.1
>>> Flask-Babel==0.11.1
>>> Flask-Gravatar==0.4.2
>>> Flask-HTMLmin==1.2
>>> Flask-Login==0.3.2
>>> Flask-Mail==0.9.1
>>> Flask-Migrate==2.0.3
>>> Flask-Principal==0.4.0
>>> Flask-Script==2.0.5
>>> Flask-Security==1.7.5
>>> Flask-SQLAlchemy==2.1
>>> Flask-WTF==0.12
>>> html5lib==1.0b3
>>> htmlmin==0.1.10
>>> imagesize==0.7.1
>>> importlib==1.0.3
>>> itsdangerous==0.24
>>> Jinja2==2.7.3
>>> linecache2==1.0.0
>>> Mako==1.0.6
>>> MarkupSafe==0.23
>>> minify==0.1.4
>>> passlib==1.6.2
>>> pbr==2.0.0
>>> pkginfo==1.4.1
>>> psycopg2==2.6.2
>>> pycrypto==2.6.1
>>> Pygments==2.2.0
>>> pyperclip==1.5.27
>>> pyrsistent==0.12.1
>>> python-dateutil==2.5.0
>>> python-editor==1.0.3
>>> python-mimeparse==1.6.0
>>> pytz==2014.10
>>> requests==2.13.0
>>> requests-toolbelt==0.7.1
>>> selenium==3.3.1
>>> simplejson==3.6.5
>>> six==1.10.0
>>> snowballstemmer==1.2.1
>>> speaklater==1.3
>>> Sphinx==1.5.3
>>> SQLAlchemy==1.0.14
>>> sqlparse==0.1.19
>>> testscenarios==0.5.0
>>> testtools==2.0.0
>>> traceback2==1.4.0
>>> unittest2==1.1.0
>>> Werkzeug==0.9.6
>>> WTForms==2.0.2

>>> --
>>> Dave Page
>>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>>> Twitter: @pgsnake
>>>
>>> EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
>>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Navnath Gadakh
>>
>> EnterpriseDB Corporation
>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>>

> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Regards,
Navnath Gadakh

EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
testsuite_os_compatability_issue_v2.patch application/octet-stream 7.3 KB