Re: how to adjust auto increment id offset?

From: Yan Chunlu <springrider(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to adjust auto increment id offset?
Date: 2011-11-16 04:03:40
Lists: pgsql-general

thanks a lot for the tip!

sorry for used the wrong word, it is just multi-master but not sharding, I
would like to setup two master server across two datacenter. one's id
increased by 1, and the other by 2.
so I could have a queue sync the record in the background by myself. kind
of a dumb way but it seems they only choice for me, the delay within
several minutes is acceptable.