Re: Fix possible overflow of pg_stat DSA's refcnt

From: Anthonin Bonnefoy <anthonin(dot)bonnefoy(at)datadoghq(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix possible overflow of pg_stat DSA's refcnt
Date: 2024-06-26 06:48:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 7:40 AM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:

> Very good catch! It looks like you have seen that in the field, then.
> Sad face.

Yeah, this happened last week on one of our replicas (version 15.5)
last week that had 134 days uptime. We are doing a lot of parallel
queries on this cluster so the combination of high uptime plus
parallel workers creation eventually triggered the issue.

> Will fix and backpatch, thanks for the report!

Thanks for handling this and for the quick answer!

Regards,
Anthonin