Re: Cache lookup failed for relation

From: Péter Kovács <peter(dot)dunay(dot)kovacs(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, David Clymer <david(dot)clymer(at)vistashare(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Cache lookup failed for relation
Date: 2013-02-11 20:14:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you, Tom!

Recently, as I wanted to drop a schema (PG 8.2), I had to wade through a
number of such messages and keep dropping rows in the pg_dependency table
with the OID specified in the messages. When I was finally able to drop the
schema, I wanted to drop the user (who previously owned the schema), but I
got the same message again. I can imagine that something may have gone
wrong in the schema at the application level, but how come I am getting the
same messages when trying to drop a user?

Thanks,

Peter