Re: Migration from CentOS7 to RHEL red hat Linux

From: Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Migration from CentOS7 to RHEL red hat Linux
Date: 2024-07-26 13:59:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 2:20 AM Wasim Devale <wasimd60(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone
>
> I want primary and secondary running on CentOS7 in sync with primary and
> secondary running on RHEL. Is it possible by any chance that postgresql
> allows.

Technically, yes, but I recommend against that because CentOS7 and
the unspecified RHEL version might have different glibc versions (thus
different collations, and so PKs, FKs, queries, etc might fail).

OTOH, *logical* replication would work just fine between CentOS7 and your
unspecified RHEL version. (Lots of metadata updates would complicate that,
though.)