Re: pg_rewind success even though getting error 'record with incorrect prev-link'

From: Abdullah Al Maruf <maruf(dot)2hin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_rewind success even though getting error 'record with incorrect prev-link'
Date: 2019-01-30 08:02:37
Lists: pgsql-general

> The only *error* I see is when you apparently manually kill the process.

You mean walreceiver process?? 'FATAL: terminating walreceiver process due
to administrator command' ?
Actually, I didn't kill the receiver. It is done by postgres itself, as far
as I understand.

I restart this node using a replica script. You can see the script here.
https://github.com/kubedb/postgres/blob/pg-db/hack/docker/postgres/9.6.7/scripts/replica/run.sh
It then gives the above error, then stops streaming from primary (or, you
can see the wal receiver is terminated by itself).

If I restart this node again, It throws following error:

LOG: skipping missing configuration file "/etc/config/user.conf"
LOG: skipping missing configuration file "/etc/config/user.conf"
LOG: 00000: database system was shut down in recovery at 2019-01-23
05:12:17 UTC
LOG: 00000: entering standby mode
LOG: 00000: invalid resource manager ID in primary checkpoint record
PANIC: XX000: could not locate a valid checkpoint record
LOG: 00000: startup process (PID 33) was terminated by signal 6
LOG: 00000: aborting startup due to startup process failure
LOG: 00000: database system is shut down