Re: pgAdmin4 ssh tunnel configuration

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Richard Greenwood <richard(dot)greenwood(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin4 ssh tunnel configuration
Date: 2018-07-02 06:44:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Richard

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 9:13 PM, Richard Greenwood <richard
(dot)greenwood(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I can't get the ssh tunnel configuration that I use with pgAdmin3 to work
> with 4. After I enter the
> parameters and click "Save" I immediately get a dialog box that says:
>
> Connection to the SSH Tunnel for host 'my-postgres-server' has been lost.
> Reconnect to the database server.
>

> I'm using identity file authentication. In pgAdmin3 it wants both the
> private and public key files. In pgAdmin4 only the private file is
> specified. Otherwise everything is the same.
>
> The error is instantaneous and the server is 1000 miles away, so it's not
> even waiting for a tunnel to get opened or a database connection to be
> attempted.

- You are creating the ssh tunnel using same machine or there is some
another machine in between?
- If it's another machine, have you append the public key to the
"authorized_keys" file?
- Can you please provide logs and screenshot of the server dialog with
ssh tunnel settings (if possible). To enable logging, ref:
https://www.pgadmin.org/faq/#8 <https://www.pgadmin.org/faq/#8>

--
*Akshay Joshi*

*Sr. Software Architect *

*Phone: +91 20-3058-9517Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*