Re: [pgAdmin4][RM4232]: Change what is shown by default in tab titles

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Nikhil Mohite <nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][RM4232]: Change what is shown by default in tab titles
Date: 2020-10-19 05:28:05
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Nikhil

Following are the review comments:

- Jasmin test cases are failing.
- Can we change the following strings in preferences:
- "Query tool tab title placeholder" to "Query tool tab title"
- "View/Edit tab title placeholder" to "View/Edit data tab title"
- "Debugger tab title placeholder" to "Tab title" as this setting is
already inside the Debugger section.
- Change the help messages in the preferences dialog to:
- "*Supported placeholders are %DATABASE%, %USERNAME%, and %SERVER%.
Users can provide any string with or without placeholders of
their choice.
The blank title will be revert back to the default title with
placeholders.*"
(Make the same changes for Query tool, View/Edit, and Debugger tab title
message)
- For Debugger can we add %ARGS% because in the case of functions with
arguments tab title is very long, so the user should have the option to
discard arguments in the tab title.

Update the documentation if you will make the above changes.

--
*Thanks & Regards*
*Akshay Joshi*

*Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*