Re: [pgAdmin][Patch] - RM #5940 - Add support for Oauth 2 authentication

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin][Patch] - RM #5940 - Add support for Oauth 2 authentication
Date: 2021-07-05 12:09:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Khushboo

Following are the review comments:

*Scenario *: AUTHENTICATION_SOURCES = ['oauth2', 'internal']

- Don't set the OAUTH2_DISPLAY_NAME, Login button shows 'Login with
None' which should be change. Maybe placeholder like <oauth2 display name>.
- Enter the email address and password. Click on the "Login with ..."
button, internal server error displayed on the page, we should throw a
proper error message.
-

*Code Review:*

- Empty "__init__.py" file is added in the web folder, I think that is
not required.
- Any reason to change *messages.pot* file manually? It will be updated
when we update the message catalog.
- Fixed SonarQube issues in the new file 'oauth2.py' and
'test_oauth2_with_mocking.py'. Remove unused imports from both files.
- Add copyright header to "kerberos.js" file.

*Documentation*:

- Remove "of the" from the description of OAUTH2_NAME it is duplicated.
- String "Authorisation" should be "Authorization".
- Instead of providing "Oauth2 secret", "Oauth2 base url" .... can we
provide some more detailed information?

*Note*: I haven't tested the patch with the proper OAuth2 configuration.

--
*Thanks & Regards*
*Akshay Joshi*

*Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*