Typo in PL/pgSQL trigger Example 43.4?

From: Kirk Parker <khp(at)equatoria(dot)us>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Typo in PL/pgSQL trigger Example 43.4?
Date: 2023-10-07 18:10:28
Lists: pgsql-docs

The PL/pgSQL page on triggers (
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/plpgsql-trigger.html ) contains the
following example (I'm excerpting only the essential parts here):

Example 43.4. A PL/pgSQL Trigger Function for Auditing
CREATE TABLE emp_audit(
operation char(1) NOT NULL,
stamp timestamp NOT NULL,
userid text NOT NULL, -- <= COLUMN IN QUESTION
empname text NOT NULL,
salary integer
);

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION process_emp_audit() RETURNS TRIGGER AS
$emp_audit$
BEGIN
--
-- Create a row in emp_audit to reflect the operation performed
on emp,

The emp_audit table has a column named 'userid', which in actual usage
(next-to-last line quoted) is populated by 'user' which seems undefined in
the context. Was that intended to be 'current_user', or am I missing
something?