Re: Replication lag in Postgres

From: Muhammad Imtiaz <imtiaz(dot)m(at)bitnine(dot)net>
To: Mukesh Tanuku <mukesh(dot)postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replication lag in Postgres
Date: 2024-07-13 09:34:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I recommend the following configurations/options in this case:

• wal_sender_timeout: This setting determines how long the primary server
waits for the standby server to acknowledge receipt of WAL data. Adjusting
this can help ensure timely data transfer.

• wal_keep_size: Ensures that enough WAL files are retained for the standby
to catch up if it falls behind.

• checkpoint_timeout: Adjust the checkpoint frequency to ensure WAL files
are regularly flushed and sent to the standby server regularly.

• pg_receivewal: Use this tool to continuously archive WAL files to a safe
location.It will helpful if there is a delay in streaming replication, you
have a backup of WAL files.

Regards,
Muhammad Imtiaz