Re: Log all queries before migration ?

From: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Charles Clavadetscher <clavadetscher(at)swisspug(dot)org>
Cc: "ben(dot)play" <benjamin(dot)cohen(at)playrion(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Log all queries before migration ?
Date: 2016-08-03 14:23:01
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Charles Clavadetscher <
clavadetscher(at)swisspug(dot)org> wrote:

> Hello

*here is no way to record queries and shut down the server at the same
time.That's like saying I want to shut off my car engine but keep driving.I
believe you are looking at the wrong solution. The best way to migrate and
keep all transactions is to use Slony
replication.http://slony.info/adminguide/2.2/doc/adminguide/slony.pdf
<http://slony.info/adminguide/2.2/doc/adminguide/slony.pdf>http://slony.info/downloads/2.2/
<http://slony.info/downloads/2.2/>You can start the migration to the new
server and when it's finished, you simply failover to the slave and
redirect the url to it. *

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize. Whether or not you