Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created

From: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created
Date: 2016-04-21 13:40:18
Lists: pgsql-general

"and what about user objects added to a database which is
then used as a template for creating another DB ?"

This existence of objects that are part of the default schema is NOT a
problem. Developers and users should never have access to a template. The
point is to be able to track down rogue objects created by developers and
users and at the same time add the same functionality as already is in
Oracle and SQL Server. What would be your solution?

*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize. Whether or not you