Re: Execute commands in single-user mode

From: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas(at)visena(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Execute commands in single-user mode
Date: 2016-01-10 14:52:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Well, you can't combine psql with the postgres startup, but you can issue
subsequent commands from bash with the -c option:

EG:

postgres --single -O -D $PGDATA $DB_NAME
# give postgres a few seconds to complete startup
sleep 30
psql -U postgres -d your_database -c "alter table pg_largeobject set
tablespace some_tablespace;"

pg_ctl stop -d $PGDATA -m fast

BTW, it's always good form to state the exact O/S and version of
PostgreSQL, regardless of whether you think it may apply.

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize. Whether or not you