Re: pg_dump system catalog

From: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: Juliano <jplinux(at)protonmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com" <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pg_dump system catalog
Date: 2016-11-28 15:44:05
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 11/28/2016 03:40 AM, Juliano wrote:
>
>> I'm not knew that system catalogs could be saved as schema, thanks
>> Achilleas.
>>
>> So, I would like to get the data and the schema of the system catalogs.
>> How can I include the data in a dump file with system schemas? (The
>> parameter -a makes sense together the parameter --schema?)
>>

> No.
>
> Use Achilleas's command and see what happens.
>

>> Regards,
>> Juliano
>>

> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com
>

> --

*To clarify, you cannot dump the pg_catalog schema. It is the main control
of how all other objects are stored in the cluster. There is no point in
dumping it and all it's tables and views are already
clearlydocumented.https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/catalogs.html
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/catalogs.html>pg_catalog itself
is generated with the initdb command when a new postgresql cluster is
generated.https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/creating-cluster.html
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/creating-cluster.html>https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/app-initdb.html
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/app-initdb.html>*

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize. Whether or not you