Re: postgres started without auto vaccum

From: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres started without auto vaccum
Date: 2018-02-16 17:37:25
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 12:21 PM, Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Yes, I did. The first start happened without any issues. But the next
> restart i see the errors.
>
> On Feb 16, 2018 7:54 AM, "Adrian Klaver" <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 02/15/2018 09:54 PM, Azimuddin Mohammed wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>> I am getting below Warning messages in logs after starting postgres, can
>>> some please help me here
>>>
>>> LOG: could not bind socket for statistics collector: Cannot assign
>>> requested address
>>>
>>> LOG: disabling statistics collector for lack of working socket
>>>
>>> WARNING: autovacuum not started because of misconfiguration
>>>
>>> HINT : Enable the "track_counts" option.
>>>
>>> MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled
>>>

>>> I tried enabling track_counts but it did not help.
>>>

>> Did you restart the server after making the change?
>>
>> Did Postgres start without the warnings previous to this?
>>

>>> Any guidance is much appreciated here.
>>>

>>> Thanks in Advance!
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Azim
>>>

>> --
>> Adrian Klaver
>> adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com

*Check that file postmaster.pid does NOT exist in the postgres data
directory AFTER you stop postgres.*

*If it does, delete it, then attempt to restart.*

*If that file is detected on a start, then postgres thinks there is already
another postmaster running.*

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize. Whether or not you