Re: documentation help

From: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Paul Tilles <paul(dot)tilles(at)noaa(dot)gov>
Subject: Re: documentation help
Date: 2017-12-28 14:32:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Paul Tilles <paul(dot)tilles(at)noaa(dot)gov> wrote:

> I just read the interesting article by Hans-Juergen Schoenig describing
> how to speed up GROUP BY and JOIN. In the article, he mentions using an
> "optimization barrier" where the SQL is
>
> WITH x AS
>
> Can somebody tell me where in the postgres docs I can find information
> about this SQL?
>
> TIA.
>
> Paul Tilles

*>Can somebody tell me where in the postgres docs I can find information
about this SQL?*

*Since you did not indicate which VERSION of PostgreSQL you are using, I
will point you to the latest release.*

*The WITH clause is part of the standard SELECT statement.*

*Just search for "WITH Clause" in this url.*

*https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-select.html#SQL-WITH
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-select.html#SQL-WITH>*

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize. Whether or not you