Re: make postgresql 9.5 default on centos 7

From: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Steve Clark <steve(dot)clark(at)netwolves(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: make postgresql 9.5 default on centos 7
Date: 2017-08-18 18:10:23
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 1:50 PM, Steve Clark <steve(dot)clark(at)netwolves(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I loaded 9.5 on CentOS 7 but by default every thing wants to use the
> default
> 9.2 version that comes with CentOS 7.
>
> Is there a simple way to fix this so the 9.5 version of tools and
> libraries are used.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>

> --

*> Is there a simple way to fix this so the 9.5 version of tools and
libraries are used.*

*Have you looked at the PGPORT environment variable?*

*https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/libpq-envars.html
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/libpq-envars.html>*

*Also *

*PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/bin:$PATH
export PATHhttps://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/install-post.html
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/install-post.html>*

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize. Whether or not you