Building a notification system.

From: Anto Aravinth <anto(dot)aravinth(dot)cse(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Building a notification system.
Date: 2018-07-15 09:29:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Everyone,

I'm playing around with postgresql with SO datasets. In the process, I have
dumped 60M questions data onto the postgresql. I'm trying to build a
notification system on top of this, so that, when a user edits a question,
I need to show a notification to the user when he/she logs in next time. So
literally, trying to create the clone of SO (with very minimal feature)

I'm not sure, how to get started with this. Read about NOTIFY:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-notify.html

Not sure that fits my use case, thanks for your help in this.

Thanks,

Anto.