Re: Using COPY to import large xml file

From: Anto Aravinth <anto(dot)aravinth(dot)cse(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrien Nayrat <adrien(dot)nayrat(at)anayrat(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using COPY to import large xml file
Date: 2018-06-24 16:07:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure, how long does this tool takes for
the 70GB data.

I used node to stream the xml files into inserts.. which was very slow..
Actually the xml contains 40 million records, out of which 10Million took
around 2 hrs using nodejs. Hence, I thought will use COPY command, as
suggested on the internet.

Definitely, will try the code and let you know.. But looks like it uses the
same INSERT, not copy.. interesting if it runs quick on my machine.