Re: pg_dump on a standby for a very active master

From: Arjun Ranade <ranade(at)nodalexchange(dot)com>
To: Scot Kreienkamp <Scot(dot)Kreienkamp(at)la-z-boy(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump on a standby for a very active master
Date: 2019-02-12 18:02:38
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Yeah, that was one thing I was planning to try. The other potential
solution is to use barman (we are using barman on all db servers including
standbys) to restore the latest backup to a VM and then take the pg_dump
from there. But I was hoping there would be a way in the settings to
prevent such a workaround.