Re: Request for information || Begining flow of postgresql

From: Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl(dot)87(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)infinito(dot)it>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Request for information || Begining flow of postgresql
Date: 2013-11-19 09:22:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)infinito(dot)it>wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM, Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl(dot)87(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am very new to postgresql. I want to know from where the Postgresql
> code
> > start to run.
> >
> > Can you please specify me the specific file in Postgresql?
>
> Do you mean backend/main/main.c ?
>
> Luca

If we have a table and btree index on it.
I would like to know what specific files and functions are called to insert
data into index whenever I want to insert data into a table.

For example, if I insert a anew row into a table, then a new row in index
will be inserted. I would like to know the sequential flow of functions or
files called to insert data into a btree.

So, I thought I thought I have to understand the whole flow.
--
Regards,
Rohit Goyal