Transaction Id and status of any operation

From: Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl(dot)87(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Transaction Id and status of any operation
Date: 2013-11-19 08:49:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

I want to know the file or function from code which can give me the
transaction Id and its status. For example I want to find the details of
transaction currently inserting on some specific table.

Also please tel me what function are called to check whether status of
transaction has changed. For example, I would like to get notified whenever
the status of any transaction changes. Please tel me the files or function
for this.

Regards,
Rohit Goyal