How can I call the method in OPTIMIZER_DEBUG?

From: Zhan Li <zhanli89(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How can I call the method in OPTIMIZER_DEBUG?
Date: 2013-11-15 14:43:00
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have built PostgreSQL 9.3.1 from source code. But I want to use the
print_path() method in src/backend/optimizer/path/allpaths.c which is at
the bottom of allpaths.c in "DEBUG SUPPORT" section. My question is: a) How
to run the postgresql server, or how to compile the source code so that I
can call the print_path() method; b) Where can I find the output of printf
statements in print_path()? In Log file? Because I assume it wouldn't
output to the terminal.

Best Regards,
Zhan