Re: more is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file in psql in windows 7

From: Harshad Adalkonda <adalkondaharshad(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: rabi maibam <maibamr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: more is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file in psql in windows 7
Date: 2015-07-29 05:56:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 4:57 PM, rabi maibam <maibamr(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using postgresql 9.4.1. It was working property before one week.
> Now, whenever I try to use psql I got "more is not recognized as an
> internal or external command, operable program or batch file" error. My
> operating system is Windows 7.
>
> Regards,
> Maibam Rabi Singh

Hi,

Typically this error occurs due to *PATH* environment variable is not set
properly in your system & it is unable to find the more command from
*C:\Windows\System32.*

*Solution:*

(Right Click on) My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced tab -> Environment
Variable -> set the PATH in system variables.

Add these to the PATH variable : %SystemRoot%;
%SystemRoot%\system32;%PROGRAMFILES%\PostgreSQL\9.4\bin

Hope this will solve your problem :)

--
Thanks & Regards,
Harshad Adalkonda