Upgrade 9.5 cluster on Ubuntu 16.04

From: Vano Beridze <vanuatoo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Upgrade 9.5 cluster on Ubuntu 16.04
Date: 2021-09-02 17:38:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I've got 2 VMs with Postgresql 9.5 cluster with streaming replication.
VMs have Ubuntu 16.04.
I would like to upgrade Ubuntu and Postgresql to newer versions.
Ubuntu 16.04 supports upgrading to 18.04.
What is the safest way to upgrade Postgresql cluster along with it?
The database is not big and I can afford completely shutdown the cluster
during the upgrade.

What would you suggest?

Kind regards,
Vano