Re: so, is connection.poll() supposed to block?

From: Croepha <croepha(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: so, is connection.poll() supposed to block?
Date: 2011-10-04 16:21:38
Lists: psycopg

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 3:18 AM, Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)dndg(dot)it> wrote:

> point to
> > Have you vented? Ok, great. Now, care to provide an example of what
> > you're talking about?
>
> He's probably polling a synchronous connection.
>
> I am currently using a synchronous connection.

I just wan't to verify my understanding of how psycopg2 works:

1. Can synchronous connections can block on poll?
2. Are you allowed to set client encoding in an asynchronous connection?
(mine gives me an exception when I try) if not, why not?

PS:
Sorry, I just now realized that I had replied directly to Daniele, instead
of posting to the list