Re: PostgreSQL Failback without rebuild

From: James Sewell <james(dot)sewell(at)lisasoft(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Failback without rebuild
Date: 2014-02-07 04:57:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've just noticed that on PostgreSQL 9.3 I can do the following with a
master node A and a slave node B (as long as I have set
recovery_target_timeline = 'latest'):

1. Stop Node A
2. Promote Node B
3. Attach Node A as slave

This is sufficient for my needs (I know it doesn't cover a crash), can
anyone see any potential problems with this approach?

Cheers,

James Sewell,
PostgreSQL Team Lead / Solutions Architect

Level 2, 50 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000

*P *(+61) 3 8370 8000 *W* www.lisasoft.com *F *(+61) 3 8370 8099

--

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or