Re: undetected deadlock in ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH PUBLICATION

From: Shlok Kyal <shlok(dot)kyal(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2023-12-02 16:22:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> thread. I think you can compare the timing of regression tests in
> subscription, with and without the patch to show there is no
> regression. And probably some tests with a large number of tables for
> sync with very little data.

I have tested the regression test timings for subscription with and
without patch. I also did the timing test for sync of subscription
with the publisher for 100 and 1000 tables respectively.
I have attached the test script and results of the timing test are as follows:

Time taken for test to run in Linux VM
Summary | Subscription Test (sec)
| 100 tables in pub and Sub (sec) | 1000 tables in pub and Sub
(sec)
Without patch Release | 95.564
| 7.877 | 58.919
With patch Release | 96.513
| 6.533 | 45.807

Time Taken for test to run in another Linux VM
Summary | Subscription Test (sec)
| 100 tables in pub and Sub (sec) | 1000 tables in pub and Sub
(sec)
Without patch Release | 109.8145
| 6.4675 | 83.001
With patch Release | 113.162
| 7.947 | 87.113

Time Taken for test to run in Performance Machine Linux
Summary | Subscription Test (sec)
| 100 tables in pub and Sub (sec) | 1000 tables in pub and Sub
(sec)
Without patch Release | 115.871
| 6.656 | 81.157
With patch Release | 115.922
| 6.7305 | 81.1525

thoughts?

Thanks and Regards,
Shlok Kyal

Attachment Content-Type Size
034_tmp.pl application/octet-stream 1.4 KB