postgresql9.4 aws - no pg_upgrade

From: bala jayaram <balajayaram22(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql9.4 aws - no pg_upgrade
Date: 2017-10-15 03:53:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

i want to upgrade my current aws ec2 postgresql9.3 to AWS RDS 9.4 server.
so i would like to use pg_upgrade feature to convert 9.3 to 9.4 within EC2
instance for using amazon DMS (database migration service) utility. But i
came to know that there is no pg_upgrade binary available from amazon
repositories. Taking pg_dump from EC2 instance to RDS will take longer
time, as our DB size is 300GB. Is there a way with less downtime for
migrating existing EC2 9.3 to RDS?

Thanks
Balaji Jayaraman