Fwd: postgresql9.4 aws - no pg_upgrade

From: bala jayaram <balajayaram22(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: postgresql9.4 aws - no pg_upgrade
Date: 2017-11-02 21:03:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Team,

We tried in production, pg_upgrade works well. But running vacuumdb ,
resulted in huge spike in CPU, system halted. Is there a way to fasten or
parallel vacuum solution for faster recovery after pg_upgrade.

Our database size is around 500GB, contains multiple databases, huge
records. What is the minimum way to do a vacuuming after pg_upgrade? This
is for migration from 9.3 to 9.4.

Thanks
Balaji Jayaraman