Re: Using Views as Tables

From: David L <segedunum(at)actuaria(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using Views as Tables
Date: 2017-01-08 18:35:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

I agree that in theory this shouldn't happen as the query planner should be
intelligent enough to take the base query out of the equation all together,
but this happens on a server where there should be a plentiful supply of
memory (32GB) and little enough activity that table data should remain
cached.