Re: [External] Re: Import Database

From: Sathish Kumar <satcse88(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Vijaykumar Jain <vjain(at)opentable(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [External] Re: Import Database
Date: 2019-05-05 23:14:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am trying to export our database in GCE instance to Google Cloud SQL.

Below are the commands used to export/import the database. I am exporting
only 1 database which is required.

Export:

pg_dump -h olddbserver -U dbuser --format=plain --no-owner --no-acl
production | sed -E 's/(DROP|CREATE|COMMENT ON) EXTENSION/-- \1
EXTENSION/g' > prod.sql

Import:

psql -h newcloudsqldbserver -U dbuser -d production -W < prod.sql