Re: shared_buffers on Big RAM systems

From: Rene Romero Benavides <rene(dot)romero(dot)b(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: shared_buffers on Big RAM systems
Date: 2018-12-14 02:25:28
Lists: pgsql-general

This topic seems to be always open to discussion. In my opinion, it depends
on how big your work dataset is, there's no use in sizing shared_buffers
beyond that size. I think, the most reasonable thing is analyzing each case
as proposed here:
https://www.keithf4.com/a-large-database-does-not-mean-large-shared_buffers/