Re: Using the public schema

From: Thomas Poty <thomas(dot)poty(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Charlin Barak <charlinbarak(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Using the public schema
Date: 2018-04-23 19:16:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi charlin,
I invite you to read this doc it explains very well the security issue
with the public schéma :
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/A_Guide_to_CVE-2018-1058:_Protect_Your_Search_Path

The main problem with the public schéma is the default privileges (execute)
granted to all users able to connect.

Personally, each time i create a database, i remove the public schema

Regards
Thomas