Re: Performance bottleneck due to array manipulation

From: Félix GERZAGUET <felix(dot)gerzaguet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Genc, Ömer <Oemer(dot)Genc(at)iais(dot)fraunhofer(dot)de>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance bottleneck due to array manipulation
Date: 2015-08-21 14:11:38
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello,

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Genc, Ömer <Oemer(dot)Genc(at)iais(dot)fraunhofer(dot)de>
wrote:

> Now I want to delete all entries from ims_point, where the timestamp is
> older than one hour. The currently being referenced ids of the table
> ims_object_header should be excluded from this deletion.

delete from public.ims_point ip
where ip.timestamp < current_timestamp - interval '1 hour'
and not exists ( select 'reference exists'
from public.ims_object_header ioh
where ioh.last_point_id = ip.point_id
)
;