suspected behavior with upgrade scenario : pagadmin 8.8

From: Usman Khan <umk555(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: suspected behavior with upgrade scenario : pagadmin 8.8
Date: 2024-06-06 05:09:39
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Hackers,

I am verifying build on windows 11 and during upgrade I faced the following
1) I installed pgadmin 8.7 and added postgresql16 to it.
2) I downloaded pgadmin 8.8 and performed an upgrade on 8.7. Upgrade went
fine.
3) When I collapsed the server group, it showed another server added with
the name 'Postgresql 16' and it is an exact duplicate of the server already
added to pgadmin.
In my opinion, this behaviour should be investigated and corrected. The
detail of the platform is as follows
platform: windows 11 Home
packages: pgadmin 8.7 and 8.8
The snapshot is attached for more information.

Regards,
Usman Muzaffar

Attachment Content-Type Size
duplicate_server.png image/png 320.4 KB