Re: How to session_preload_libraries multiple libraries in postgresql.conf

From: Payal Singh <payal(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: Stephen Froehlich <s(dot)froehlich(at)cablelabs(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to session_preload_libraries multiple libraries in postgresql.conf
Date: 2017-12-13 19:50:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Stephen Froehlich <
s(dot)froehlich(at)cablelabs(dot)com> wrote:

> I’m no at all sure the syntax in postgresql.conf that one uses to put
> multiple libraries in session_preload_libraries.
>

> Right now I have the following in my postgresql.conf:
>
> session_preload_libraries = 'pgcrypto'
>
> session_preload_libraries = 'auto_explain'
>
> session_preload_libraries = 'tablefunc'
>

> auto_explain.log_min_duration = '3s'
>

> but auto_explain doesn’t seem to be appearing in the log unless I load it
> manually in a session … what am I doing wrong here?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Stephen

Its just same as shared_preload_libraries. Both take in a string as
parameter, so can use a comma to separate the libraries:

session_preload_libraries = 'pgcrypto , auto_explain , tablefunc'

Payal Singh,
Database Administrator,
OmniTI Computer Consulting Inc.
Phone: 240.646.0770 x 253