Re: failover and switchover in postgresql

From: Payal Singh <payal(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: metsarin <metsarin(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: failover and switchover in postgresql
Date: 2013-10-25 17:02:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

After performing a failover, the old slave becomes the new master, but the
opposite is not true, that is, the old master does not automatically become
the slave. You will need to set up replication from the new master to the
to-be slave to be able to switch back.

Payal Singh,
OmniTi Computer Consulting Inc.
Junior Database Architect,